Picked out a pediatrician
Kevin and I interviewed our first pediatrician yesterday and we really liked him so we decided to cancel today's interview and just go with the first doctor. His name is Dr. Neil Kirschner and he practices at Children's Clinic East here in Hermitage, TN. We both really liked his demeanor and the way he answered our questions. He also made us feel very comfortable about being first time parents and told us that part of his job is to make sure we don't worry so much about all the new things we will be experiencing about the baby. The clinic itself was very clean, had a very large waiting room divided into sections for well and sick children. They also had a separate allergy waiting area and a nursing mother's room as well. All of the nurses were very friendly to us as we were walking back to meet with the doctor and we felt very welcome there. I think we made a good choice!
I have my next doctor's appt on 6/2. After that I start going every week. Based on my bathroom scale, it looks like I've tapered off on gaining weight each week which is good--I feel so big right now and it's getting really uncomfortable for me sit in my office chair for extended periods of time. My ankles are starting to swell a lot as well so I have to keep remembering to drink lots of water. This is hard, though, because the baby has started to drop and that means more pressure on my bladder--UGH! I'm not sleeping well these days and it's hard to move around in bed. I think sleeping in the recliner sometimes is beginning to appear in my future. I will post a 35 week picture of me here later tonight.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home