Friday, April 08, 2005

Thursday's Doctor's Appt Update

Now that I'm in my third trimester, I get to visit the doctor every two weeks instead of every four weeks. My appointment this week was hopefully the longest one I'll have until the delivery since I had to do my glucose test (drink something that tasted the equivalent of a McDonald's orange drink and then wait an hour to get your blood drawn to make sure your body is breaking down sugars appropriately). I also received my Rhogam shot since I am Rh -. They will give me another shot as well once the baby's born but I think that will be the last thing I'm thinking of at that point in time :) The baby is still progressing well. My belly measurement is still on track, I've gained another 2 pounds since my last appt (now I'm at a net of 12 pounds gained) and the baby's heartbeat was strong and clear at 158bpm.

Kevin and I also started childbirth classes this week which was an interesting experience. They will last for 5 weeks. I think we are the oldest people in the class which is funny. I was asking so many questions at one point I started to feel like the class nerd--I guess that's nothing new for me though ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home