Friday, April 22, 2005

Doctor's Appt Update

Everything is still going well. I am now 15 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight. The doctor said I will probably gain another 10 pounds or so (and I already feel really huge!!) but that I will very surprised b/c I will probably lose the weight pretty quickly too after the baby has arrived. The baby's heartbeat was still good and strong at 157. He's been moving around constantly--especially when I am at work and around 9:30pm each night.

We took a tour of the labor, delivery, & recovery room on Tuesday at our birthing class. As long as the hospital isn't having a busy time delivering babies, you basically get to stay in one room for the entire delivery process (unless you need to have a C-section). The room looked very nice--more like a hotel room than a hospital room. If they get full, then sometimes you are moved out of the LDR room to a different hospital room for your recovery since they prefer to do all of the births on the OB floor of the hospital. It was a pretty slow night when we took our tour, there were only 2 babies in the nursery. I also got pre-registered at the hospital this week so we won't have to worry about that when I go into labor. Next week we also have our last birthing class so then most of our preparation will be complete!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home